Search26 Results

The purpose of this policy is to establish criteria in order to determine if rental events in venues managed by Carolina Performing Arts qualify as being sponsored, and to define the requirements, rules, responsibilities, and benefits for events sponsored by these organizations.
This document outlines goals for the Emergency use of designated facilities owned by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Emergencies affecting the University and the surrounding community may require the use of campus facilities to support response and recovery efforts. Emergencies may develop rapidly and require a coordinated response from many actors across campus. Accordingly, it is essential to create Emergency response plans before any Emergency.
Together with the University's Facilities Use Policy, the University has established this Standard to establish requirements for the use of its Facilities in order to: (1) focus on its mission; (2) provide a safe environment; and (3) preserve the aesthetics of the campus.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ("University") is a campus community in which the ideals of freedom of inquiry, thought, and expression are respected and sustained. The University is committed to supporting the exercise of protected expression in University-controlled Facilities while maintaining an atmosphere free of disruption.
This policy is intended to ensure sound in the Pit does not negatively impact libraries and classroom buildings during academic instruction times and to provide a process for requesting amplified sound in advance with the Carolina Union.
This policy has been established to provide for the safe and equitable use of Carolina Union signage spaces.
The purpose of these guidelines is to outline and simplify the process of planning and executing film productions, other than those being done by news organizations for news purposes.
All meeting room spaces scheduled by the Office of Event Services are subject to all general policies for use of space in the Frank Porter Graham Student Union as well as the UNC-Chapel Hill Facilities Use Policy.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ("University") is a community committed to creating an environment that encourages personal responsibility and intellectual growth. The University's mission includes the goals "to serve as a center for research, scholarship and creativity and to teach a diverse community of undergraduate, graduate and professional students to become the next generation of leaders."
Carrington Hall is generally open to the public from 7:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday. When the building is open for extended hours, only the doors on the ground floor will be unlocked unless it is specifically requested that other doors be unlocked. Students and visitors should be directed via signs to the unlocked doors. Requests for extended hours should be made to the Facilities Manager via email at least two weeks prior to the date needed.
Student organizations hold events in various venues at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. These events are designed to promote interest in an organization, a cause, or to promote interaction among the University's diverse community. The Carolina Union Office of Event Services is charged with advising student organizations on planning and developing the most successful and safe event possible.
This policy is intended to ensure sales in the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's ("UNC-Chapel Hill" or "University") Carolina Union, The Sonja Haynes Stone Center, Polk Place, Bell Tower Amphitheatre, and Kenan Theatre are following federal, state, University, and Carolina Union finance policies. This policy is also intended to ensure all sales or sales promotions are conducted in a way that does not establish or extend to the University the appearance of a commercial enterprise.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill welcomes news media representatives to campus. We encourage journalists who plan to visit to notify Media Relations so we can help connect you with sources, arrange logistics, and secure appropriate access to authorized locations.
Form to request approval for temporary outdoor signage on campus.
This procedure describes how Departments and Units may request permission to serve alcohol at University-sponsored events.